Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yearning for a Jett Story?

So the other day I noticed Jett has brought his class picture home, so I ask him to go get it and point out his girlfriend to me. ( I want to see the girl that gave him his first kiss ) He brings me the picture and points her out. Here is what followed,
" So that's your girlfriend huh?"
"Not anymore. We broke up today."
"You broke up? Did you dump her? She wasn't good enough for you is that what it was?"
"No she dumped me." (tilts his head downward and lowers his eyes. He is suddenly depressed)
"She dumped you?"
"Yeah"
"Why"
(looks up quickly and smiles) "Not really. She's still my girlfriend, but her mom told her that she shouldn't have a boyfriend so we were just pretending."
"You were pretending to break up cause her mom wanted you guys to? But your still boyfriend and girlfriend?"
"Yep."
"Oh. Well....good for you then"

Should I be encouraging that?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Was this really posted by mom or is this done by Aimee? I really do miss his stories. He told Aaron he was going to teach him how to be sneaky while he was still in the womb. Anyway I guess he can't do that if we aren't around.

Sydney said...

Hmm... being a childless singleton I'm not sure I have any right to make a call on this. Just keep the Jett (with 2 "T"'s) stories coming.

Aimee said...

Yeah sorry this was Aimee. Not sure mom knows how to post anything yet? :)

Kristy said...

That is too funny. I think I would only worry for the girlfriends mom since she is the only one in the dark :)

-Kristy

HeatWave said...

I see the birthing of a great and terrible teenager. You better keep your eye on this one, Aunt April.

gk risser said...

How old is this kid?

Aimee said...

He is a very mature five