Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New toy

Today we got a new treadmil. Well not new. Used, but only three hours worth. Don is doing trade work with his sister. And with new toys come new tradegy.
They told Jett he could not "play" on it without an adult present. I came downstairs to fold laundry which meant he could get on it. I turned it on and put it on two. Not like the kid needs to drop a few pounds. Anyway I tell him he can't mess around on it and to just walk. Well I walk into our room to grab my laundry basket and I hear it. Panicked "help me" cries. You know the kind where the kid is yelling for help in complete terror that he is going to die.
Chris was down the stairs like a bolt of lightning. I was just in the next room and not quick enough.
What had happened was Jett let go and let the belt take him until the end where he hit the wall and got stuck rolling between the end of the treadmil and the wall. He came away pretty much unhurt but scared. Just a little burn is all. He's tough. We hoped that would scare him enough that he wouldn't want to "play" on it anymore. Well as soon as the tears were gone he couldn't wait for his turn again.
Sorry no pic

2 comments:

Sydney said...

I've seen similar events at work. Patients forget they're on a treadmill and stop to talk to someone- off the end they fly. One time a woman slipped, grabbed the bar and wouldn't let go so she was sliding along the belt like a slip-n-slide. The only difference is that they weren't 5 years old! Glad he was okay.

Dad Risser said...

That is funney, and so Jett.