Sunday, August 3, 2008

While the parents are away

So the parents went out of town for the weekend on a bike ride. Guess who was left in charge? I tried my best to change my image from being known as the "devil" to as Jett told me yesterday, "the most wonderful angel sister." I left for work around 4:30 so Chris babysat until I got home. He made them breakfast Enola got oatmeal and Jett cream of tasties. ( He's a good man I would have given them cod cereal) Yeah cod as opposed to cold. Anyway after I got home I picked up the kids and ran them back to work with me so they could do the kids workshop. This month they built flagpoles. They both did really good and Jett didn't hammer my finger. After which I decided to drop the kids off at the pool so I could go grocery shopping. Unfortunately Jett could not find his swimsuit so we figured we would just buy one of the cheap ones they sell there. No dice. We left Enola to climb the rock wall until we got back with a new suit. Want to see me go from calm and serene to angry and irritable in 2.6 seconds. Walk me through the doors of a Wal-Mart. How about .9 seconds just get me to the parking lot on a Saturday afternoon. I really HATE that place. Phew venting sorry. Well they went swimming had a blast came home cleaned their rooms showered and for dinner we made homemade pizza.

Yum! Little less dough next time




After dinner we went on a walk. We strolled on down through the park. Enola and Jett went on roller blades. Enola is really good and Jett is....a spaz. It really was a perfect night for a walk. It was cloudy covering the sun so it only felt 92 degrees. We stopped and fed the sheep. I guess Leila was feeling left out because Chris and the kids were ignoring her so she decided to start to eat the grass too. (Maybe that's why she threw up this morning. First to step in it cleans it up...Chris) The sunset was beautiful on the way home. Really something that can't be described. Anywho sorry this sounds more like a journal entry than a post but you know what? I don't care, this blog needed more pictures. Pachow!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Keep working on getting the devil status behind you. Jett told me that you said if he was bad you were going to put a bettle in his bed. I told him to just remind you that your the devil. You guys are doing a good job at taking care of them they look happy. Who cute Jetts hair?

Aimee said...

Chris said he'd put the creepy beetle in his bed. And Kathy....I know

Dad Risser said...

No, that was a cool entry. The very thing that Blogs are for.

Eddie said...

Lucky...I want Chris and Aimee to babysit us! I promise not to eat grass and throw it up.

Chelsea said...

Lloyd Christmas "what are you going to the air port for? You flying somewhere?" -Dj