Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happenings

On Friday mom had her gallbladder taken out. Everything went very well and she is recovering quite nicely. The kids were by themselves for about 5 hours until I got home from work, and surprisingly the house was not burnt down. Anyway mom is doing good, she has some lower back pain but she's been walking around and even went to the end of the block last night. She's also been sleeping good if dad can keep from snoring, well that and the drugs don't hurt.

Last night Rheanna came over while our husbands were at priesthood and she joined the kids and I in doing a craft sent to us by, "The Favorite"
An awesome shrinky dink tree!
Obviously dad didn't go and Rhea had a lot more fun than it looks like in this picture.
The finished product. It turned out really cute and it was a lot of fun to do.
Thank you again Aunt Syd, yes for those of you in denial accept it, she is the favorite.
Today during the first session I printed a bunch of Halloween pictures and we all colored. (It was either that or tape Jetts mouth shut like I threatened, which may not be so much as a threat during the second session.) We even got mom to join us for that and some orange chocolate chipped faced pancakes.
I took this picture with my phone and flipped it but it won't post correctly.
You get the idea.

9 comments:

Sydney said...

The "others" just don't bribe as well....
I LOVE THE TREE! It turned out adorable. Must make one for me also sent to me by the "favorite".... is that self-indulgent?

Sydney said...

and is Jett wearing rubber band bracelets?

Aimee said...

yes. like old school newspaper rubber bands though

Rheanna said...

Ew that first picture is horrible! Pretty sure I didn't know it was being taken. Oh well, had a blast with you guys!

Jennifer said...

I need to invest in one of those shrinky dink trees, where did you find it aunt syd??

Too bad you didn't get the picture up of the second session where Jetts mouth was taped shut.

Jennifer said...

Aimee is your face painted???

Anonymous said...

Can't compete with 'The Favorite'. Just wish I was there (as usual).

Anonymous said...

After talking with Rheanna I realized I had missed some postings. Jett stories are always good (and I'm proud of his assistance to his classmates in need). Enola is constantly changing. Looking at all the different pictures of her I see resemblances to various 'Risser' women. Amazing. Thanks for all the updates Aimee.

Michele Risser said...

SHINKEY DINKS aunt syd just send us some where doing them to night hip hip horaay,Devon